1. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
2. Signal Processing Digital Library*
3. Inside Signal Processing Newsletter
4. SPS Resource Center
5. Career advancement & recognition
6. Discounts on conferences and publications
7. Professional networking
8. Communities for students, young professionals, and women
9. Volunteer opportunities
10. Coming soon! PDH/CEU credits
Click here to learn more.
In this paper, we propose CE-BASS, a particle mixture Kalman filter which is robust to both innovative and additive outliers, and able to fully capture multi-modality in the distribution of the hidden state. Furthermore, the particle sampling approach re-samples past states, which enables CE-BASS to handle innovative outliers which are not immediately visible in the observations, such as trend changes. The filter is computationally efficient as we derive new, accurate approximations to the optimal proposal distributions for the particles. The proposed algorithm is shown to compare well with existing approaches and is applied to both machine temperature and server data.
© Copyright 2022 IEEE – All rights reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the IEEE Terms and Conditions.
A not-for-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.